Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published nor is it before another journal for consideration; or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor.
- Authors must prepare manuscripts according to the seventh edition of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (2019).
- The text meets this journal's formatting requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines found in About the Journal.
- The text is double-spaced and uses a 12-point Times New Roman font. All manuscripts should have at least one-inch (2.54 cm) margins on all sides.
- The Journal is peer reviewed (except for the Practitioners' Notebook). Please ensure that author names, titles, etc. identification have been removed, and ";Author"; and year have been used in the bibliography and footnotes, instead of authors' Please also ensure that the author's name has been removed from the document's Properties, which in Microsoft Word is found in the File menu. We
- Full-length articles should not exceed 25 pages of double-spaced, typewritten copy excluding title page, abstract, references, tables, and figures. Fieldwork manuscripts are not to exceed 18 pages of double-spaced, typewritten copy. Brief reports should not exceed 10 pages of double-spaced, typewritten copy. Practitioners' Notebook submissions are between between 500 and 1000 words.
- One abstract in either English or French must accompany each manuscript or brief report. You must also provide the title of the manuscript in either English or French. Abstracts should not exceed 100 words in length. A professionally-translated title and abstract will be provided for your article (if it is accepted for publication) in the second official language at no cost to you.
- A reference list that accurately coincides with the citations in the manuscript and is in APA 6th Edition format is included.
- All figures and images are to attached as supplementary files using high quality image formats suitable for print (BMP, TIFF, PDF, or EPS, not GIF or JPEG; minimum 300 dpi resolution).
Copyright NoticeCopyright is retained by the Canadian Journal of Counselling and Psychotherapy.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.